Sunday, February 05, 2006

labo et filles et bureaus

Finding out information in france can be slower than a train ticket queue in India. It has taken over 3 weeks to get exact pricing information at one of France's top film labs, Eclair. impossible to get an appointment. Finally they sent a detailed spreadsheet that mysteriously totalled 8,600 Euros (in lab fees, including a "generous" 30% reduction). Now, in the US labs come in wide range of prices, but they don't usually charge things like 90 euros for "flexfile disks" (essentially, a file they can email), an extra 150 euros for wetgating, 33 euros for testing their own chemicals...and so on. Well, it's frusterating and I am trying 4 other labs to get pricing info, but everyone takes this slow relationship that I don't have the time to build...

then more bad news, the lost and found said "no" to our scene in their office...our 10 people was too many for the shoot (4 actors, 6 crew)...now I'm going to have to beg them or something else.

I found a pregant woman willing to pose nude.

And...yeah! I have chosen my little girl! She is extremely cute. I'm terrified about working with a 5 year old but i'm going to do the best i can in the 2 months I have to prepare her. Any tips about very very young actresses will be accepted.
This week, more casting and more locations and more friends visiting and more missing my brit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home