Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chilled sunshine

Every Wednesday I wake up early with a small knot in my stomach. Will professor HS say nasty things about my script, my utter lack of progress, my rich american background...or will he be helpful and generous and a bit inspiring. His "class" consists of a sort of open office hours where students come in for 3 hours and either wait their turn to chat with him, or get a chance to hear long divergent stories of past productions. However, he is quite insightful and experienced and does seem to care a great deal about his students' productions. Well, today he was in a good mood and extremely flattering about my script and gave me the final "official" word that the project had been accepted- as in, the school will provide the camera, pay most of the film/lab/lighting fees, and even pay my cinematographer a small fee...hallelujah! Having one's film financed feels completely amazing. I must try this more often. It makes me want to stay in europe forever....which I may have to do given someone picked off my passport this weekend in Spain.

I wont hold it against the entire country though, and I thought Barcelona was really lovely. My boy and I had fun wandering the cute little streets, drinking really good coffee, seeing the gaudi monuments, and having yummy dinners with my dad and step-mom. Late nights including drinking some terrible mojitos at an artsy-student bar, dancing at a super cool giant 100-year old club (with these funny mimes who kept the line outside quiet), and lounging in late night cafes with brazilian drinks (I forgot the name)....so besides the extra visit to the consulate, missed flight, and final going to the airport 3 times in 3 days, it was a good trip. Though he is england and i'm am, for the first time in ages, all alone. very alone.

And now I'm attempting to research a paper for school. The first paper I've written in French for real school...yikes...j'ai peur!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home