Saturday, January 07, 2006

moving forwards and back

Officially, I will not be attending the berlinale talent campus. It seems fairly competitive (about 15% get in), so I'm not going to get too dissapointed, well I am but I'm moving on. I'm going to make up for it by going somewhere far more romantic than Berlin for Valentine's day.

Tiny bits of progress- I have cast an old lady! She's very cute and old and has been in many short films, even some television and some theater. She read the lines beautifully and has a very open minded spirit. Her name is Annik. I will put a picture soon.

And I've found several good locations- including the cimitiere des chiens in Asnieres. Tomorrow I'm looking at another place for the role of "American House". Funding seems to be moving forward too. I'm actually putting a 16mm to 35mm blowup in my budget...keeping fingers crossed for that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there. i applied to the talent campus too and i'm apparently on the wait list (since i haven't heard from them yet).

i saw your previous post where you said you're on the wait list, and then this post where you said you're not going. have they contacted you already? this is total suspense. =)

2:49 AM  
Blogger sahra said...

Hi Cas,

Nope, I didn't make the cut. They said they had 3600 entries....oh well. I think I will be screening my film, "I am hungry" on my website though...at least someone will see it! Good luck to you.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for replying. i'll wait for you to put up your film here. =)

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home