Sunday, December 04, 2005

action!

Yesterday I shot my second film in Paris. I wrangled up 3 people from my school to be the crew- one of whom had a nice HDV camera that we used, and 4 actors, including a little boy. The shoot went really fast and had a total budget of 20 euros- spent entirely on wine, crackers and salami for the after party. The entire purpose of the shoot was to practice shooting in Paris. I think of filmmaking kind of like a sport or an instrument- it really helps to practice before your big game.
I find it really fun to just go out and shoot something. It's a bit stressful because I want to have a plan and make sure everything runs smoothly, but in the end, everyone enjoyed themselves. Somehow it feels easier to do it here in Paris than in SF. Maybe I became stagnant there and just needed something new....
PC030222
In casting news, I'm a bit dissapointed because the twins I were thinking of casting are not interested. It's okay, better to know now than later, but still. I have been running all over Paris meeting little girls and their parents- hard work but quite fun. The hardest is telling their parents that they're not right for the part. All the girls are terribly cute but that doesn't mean they have what I'm looking for. I have three more girls lined up this week...we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home