Saturday, October 22, 2005

Connecting together

There are really horrible moments, like when you lose one beautiful pink
cashmere glove and feel you must go single-gloved the rest of the winter,
and there are really wonderful moments, like when you accidentally stumble
into a film production office in the Marais and they start proposing little
fun jobs for you because of your lovely American voice.

I have also many several interesting filmmakers this week- the beautiful S.
who was intimidating cool but then turned out to be totally down-to-earth
and we talked about matte-painting and trekking; an Argentinean filmmaker
who will undoubtedly be the next Lucrecia Martel because she is working on a
very interesting film and being invited all over the world; a documentarian
who tells me the French film industry is impossible and one's far better off
working in Canada...

So, Paris is still great- but I am even more excited about my Chunnel
expedition to LONDON tomorrow!!!! A whole week in London and Bristol with my
favorite Brit and his friends. Tea with the queen, crumpets and Shepard's
pie and the best accents in the world. I have spent only a few days in
England in my life thus far and am looking forward to it immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home