Friday, September 16, 2005

cuisine/cuisine

Oh la la, je mange trop!

I celebrated my birthday by basically eating way too much, which is I guess the more mature version of drinking way too much.

Food in Paris is for the most part very good and seemingly very focused on cheese. For lunch, I ordered a salad "à la fromage" which was essentially a pound of various different cheeses, all white and delicious, with a few pieces of lettuce and tomato as garnish.

My lovely family took me to a lovely dinner at one of my favorite cafes in the bastille where we dined on eggplant carpaccio, salmon with a creamy anise sauce, green beans, fettucine, red wine (served cold?) and melted-in-the middle chocolate cake....mmmm.

So, in relation to food all is going well...except for writing an essay in French about food. For class we were assigned to compare American and French cuisine. Apparentlyy, I completely misunderstood because the teacher, who is French, insisted that American cuisine meant sweet potatoes, candied yams, cranberry sauce, creamed corn and meatloaf and I was totally off base by saying American cuisine was really an amalgamation ofEuropeann andAsiann influences....Alas, she must only eat snails and frogs every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home