Friday, March 04, 2005

Trying to keep on

I want to write at least a weekly post as I manuever through pre-production (for the next eternity!). Right now I am doing research on the theory behind my idea.
I am exploring the following themes:
Feminism
Film, motherhood, and genre
Surrealism
Reincarnation
French-American Relations
Death
Birth
Aging
voyages to the unknown

I've been very inspired recently by the photos of Arthur Tress. He takes photos of what dreams might look like- and lots of nutty male nudes (ex. pictures of naked man with his penis in the mouth of a ventriloquist's dummy...)

I had some strange dreams last night:
1. I won a trip (for two!) to portland. I've never been to portland.
2. According to my grandmother, I am first cousins with Miranda July, who had gotten married to a man and later found out he was loaded with cash. My dream grandmother told me this as an example of good luck. I worked (as a production assistant) for Miranda's film last summer. I'm pretty darn positive we're not even distant cousins. And I don't think she's married (yet).

These dreams follow seeing one of my favorite films ever, which I watched for the second time last night after almost completely forgetting how damn good it is: Emir Kurstica's "Time of the Gypsies".
Never have 136 minutes so flown by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home