Friday, February 25, 2005

breakthrough

I was feeling very bummed about this whole thesis thing. How was I going to write a thesis proposal that had both a script and "situated my film within a theoretical and social context"? Plus, during class we shared treatments. I felt the reception to my idea was less than warm- and rightly so- it all was sort of a muddled character piece. I can't answer "what do you want to say with this film?" or any of their well-intentioned questions.

But then on wednesday night, spilling into Thursday morning, and spilling out during a dark nightime walk along ocean beach, I got a new idea. I feel like I allowed myself to be imaginative. I just suddenly realized that this is my strength- my crazy imagination- I must use it and not be scared off just because I don't want a film filled with CGI-characters or being catchy/gimmicky like the Sixth Sense or Fight Club.

So, I'm off to write my fresh new script. Very happy about the my new concept.

Looking at photographs of Paris and Surrealism, as well as a book of photos by Arthur Tress, is helping stir me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home