Sunday, September 11, 2005

piscine piscine

Salut!

Today I went on my first swim in Paris. It was more or less madness. I was delighted to learn that Paris has 35 public pools, and so I rushed to the nearest one, 2.6 Euros in hand, and dove in. Me and everyone else in Paris.
I counted 15 people in my lane, standard size pool, standard width lane. People were sort of swimming around the same pace, but every once in a while the person in front would just stop. The ends of the lanes were "social areas" featuring numerous couples making out and people taking leisurely rests between each lap.
After a while I realized it was just like driving in LA, you get used to the traffic and then just go with the flow.
The absolute coolest thing was the lockers in the locker room that looked like candy jars and magically spun round to open and lock with freshly-created personal codes.

Attention les mecs! You are REQUIRED to wear a speedo, no shorts for boys.
Attention les filles! The men have an extremely clear view of the ladies shower area, I advise you keep that suit on.

I'm really looking forward to exploring the other pools of Paris. Apparantly they have a few 33 meter pools which sounds cool, and a solarium too. Tonight I'm going to see "Les Poupees Russes"

A bientot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home