Saturday, October 15, 2005

Shhh it's sunny in paris

Everyone always says Paris is gray and rainy. After 7 solid balmy days of
sunshine I'm beginning to think this is a myth to keep tourists away....oh
how the good weather makes me happy.

The best things:
1. The "toursade" I'm eating right now: a spiralled airy thing that's like a
croissant but with added little dark chocolate chips and creaminess. Yummm.
2. Meeting up with some nice film students and checking out the thesis films
at La Femis. 35mm beauty everywhere...not bad!
3. Classes at St. Denis...I was warned the school was "political" but did
not expect to be caught in the uproar my first day there. Students in the
cinema department protesting left and right, teachers resigning, total
chaos...but somehow managed to attend 4 good classes the first week (and
understand most of it).

Less good:
Missing friends, those in SF, Mlps, DC, down under and especially across the
channel.
Trying to get a frickin land line and dsl chez moi. After 3 weeks of trying
I'm beginning to think these priveledges are reserved for the titled class.
Today I re-sent in my request with the correct photocopy of my gas bill (why
they need the gas bill to give you dsl service is beyond me)....alas, vive
la difference (?!!)


DSCN1115

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home