Saturday, October 08, 2005

The real real

My boyfriend went back to England and I'm suddenly alone in Paris and
actually HERE->
I have my apartment, my bank account, my cell phone, my job, my student
card...my life is here now. But it feels quite strange, lonely and
frequently frustrating.

I have all these things to buy like a little round cheese grater and a modem
and a toaster oven and I'm wandering the city looking for them.
Where are my beloved sidewalk sales of San Francisco? In the mission
neighborhood on any given weekend day you could find everything you needed
for under 5 bucks- clothes, appliances, music, household stuff. Walking
around in the evening was like a giant free sale as people just abandoned
their crap...but where do the Parisians put their crap??? My current theory
is that they just own really nice stuff. I went into a household shop today
in my chic neighborhood, a.k.a. Luxembourg (emphasis on Luxe) and the
cheapest wooden spoon was 7 euros...hmmm. I think I'll find out where the
poor people live to buy my cheese grater...

IN FILMMAKING NEWS:
I shot my first film in Paris yesterday!

It was a great success, though we got booted out of the Luxembourg Gardens
by the Senate police, who wanted us to buy a permit for 175 Euros! (the
noncommercial price)

My boyfriend and another buddy were actors, and I played the main character
who thinks she's a bird...it involved a lot of regurgitated chocolate
crepes.
Excellent cinematography was provided by my new talented friend David, who
fortunately provided a beautiful DVCAM and mic.
I'll be editing it this week and sending it off to the Berlinale Talent
Conference...we'll see where that goes!
----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home