Saturday, November 05, 2005

Paris is NOT burning

The strangest thing is when I look at BBC or NYTimes website I get the feeling that there is rioting in the streets of Paris and huge fires everywhere, but when I listen to French radio I get the feeling that the port workers strike in Marseille or the French-Aussie rugby match is of far greater importance to the french people. The French media is definitely trying to downplay the violence, rarely discussing the causes of this mass unrest in the suburbs of Paris (distant northern suburbs far from where I live). But maybe they are right to do so, to not fan the flames...

Anyway, I am safe and sound at the moment. And busy working on translating my script into French.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4405822.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home