Friday, October 28, 2005

hacking it in hackney

London is massive, complicated and cool. The landscape is a big mix of modern meets gothic, confusing glass and brick skyline meeting stone gray cathedral steeples. I am staying in a cavernous warehouse apartment with kind friends. We also spent three great days in Bristol, eating amazing samosas, enjoying the one sunny day of the week, climbing towers and bridges.
london eye

But this blog isn't really intended to be a diary- but a record of my filmmaking process. On that count it has been a difficult week. I have been thinking of this other idea, a feature length script that I have been sketching out. The problem is I get excited about this script and don't find my thesisfilm as intriguing. And I reread my proposal and thought "this is shit"...and so I spend much of my time this week in cafes or on the Megabus thinking abou thow I will make this thesis film...how can i change the story to make it somethingi am convinced aboutinstead of confused about. Sometimes the reason so many films are terrible, especially student short films, is that we are too burnt out to make them better and just shoot whatever script we've come up with. Anyway, I'm back to the notebook and trying some light restructing of my script...and some heavy stuff. It's getting very dark and grisly...
tate modern

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some of the best projects started out with very different intentions.
i know yours will find it's voice.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home