Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Over 200?

Little Film has past the 220 viewers mark? How is that? Even with myself accounting for lets say 100, my parents another 50; that's almost 75 non-related visitors?!

Who are you?

Can I just say I am horrified by the cover of Newsweek Europe today: a picture of a frightening looking burning car, presumably in Paris, with the headline:
"Memo to Europe: Ready to Change NOW?" Which I think implies, "Ready to become more American NOW?". I personally think the US media is having a field day pointing out the French have some problems of their owns, na na na boo boo.

The truth is France does need to look at it's racism problems carefully. I go to schoo l in the suburbs of Paris, the streets are full of black and north african residents, yet the public, "for the people university" has classrooms that are majority white. Yesterday our Ultra-leftist professor showed a film about violence in the suburbs and then asked, " who is from these Paris suburbs, who can comment on this?" No one raised their hand. Why is that?

I teach in a University for future school teachers, almost all female and white. Why is that?

If ever I have seen a case for affirmative action, here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home