Thursday, March 16, 2006

filmmaking in a revolution

French students are out in force against the "CPE" - a newly enacted law that will make it easier to fire young people, under 26, in their jobs. It is really hard for me to figure out what is going on and what to think about this issue. My university is on strike today too and many students went to a huge protest today. In the US it seems so impossible to imagine all the universities going on strike to fight a labor contract. American studetns are so much more apathetic it is incredible to see how active these students are.

Well, filmmaker continues. Less than a month to go. Nervous on all fronts. The starlette bursed into tears at rehearsal over a coloring book issue. The lost and found location is all but lost. I need someone with a car to be a production assistant but dont' want a crew that's any bigger than it already has ballooned. Well, i'm tryuing not to freak out and just make progress every day. I wish I wasn't producing it- I wish that there was this big production company that just figured out all the location permits, equipment, budget, and labs for me...some day perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home