Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oh godness!

I can't believe it has been three months since I last posted on my blog. It feels neglected and sad. Well, no longer- I am back to breathe new life into it. I think one thing this blog can do is show that one can move on from one film and do much more. I became very obsessed with my thesis film "push/pull" and it dragged on me for way too long. But in the past 12 months I think I've finally made the transition from film student to filmmaker. I've made about 8 shorts for Filmaka and another 4 for work. The films work have been interesting in that they are about subjects I'm not passionate about but I am very passionate about getting them right. I'm feeling a lot of pressure though on the producing side- I've got an MD breathing down my neck to reduce the budgets and increase the quality. Basically, they want me to be a magician- please, build a better house in less time with fewer materials! Well, I realise I can only give it a good effort and if they don't like it they can *&%!

Filmaka has been such a great outlet for me. I'm dying to know if I won their final contest. I have a 1/38 chance, which isn't bad, but then again I have a 37/38 chance of not winning, which is pretty darn close to guaranteed. The prize is a contract to direct a feature film, the big kahuna. I guess I'll find out in April. Today, Paul Schrader, writer of Taxi Driver and member of the Filmaka jury wrote about my final film: Very well done.

Awesome! That made my day and I could temporarily forget that I'd just had to cut my camera assistant, second camera operator, steadicam and art assistant from my crew for a job next week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home