Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tired and happy and sad

This weekend I spent a very rainy Saturday at a small post production house making the final touches on a screening copy of push/pull....why's that? you ask. Well, it has finally been selected for a really cool festival, the London Short Film Festival. I'm super excited that it will premiere at the extremely amazing ICA theatre. That's the Institute for Contemporary Arts- Here's the link. So, I've spent all my money and got a nice beautiful digibeta tape copy to show there and I'm hoping it looks as lovely as it did in the colouring session.

It feels great to show at a festival, but just gives me a bit more of a burden to get the DVDs done and get it into a few more festivals. There is something about being able to say this film screened at festivals x, y, and z...then it feels like you've done you're best and can move on.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of exicited to write a romantic comedy script. And I want to make some more shorts for Filmaka. And I'm dying to make a proper short on 35mm. I've never worked with 35 but it has this allure like no other.

So why sad? Well, just tired of the cold, dark weather I suppose. And hate that when I go to a film lecture, as I did tonight, I just want to race out of there at the end- I can never bear to stay for the networking drinks because I feel shy and awkward. And my boss says I give off an "anxiety" vibe and need to chillllll. I told him that's just ambition in the face of not having enough to do. So I'm really trying to chillllll. Maybe I'll bring in a radio tomorrow and a Hawaiian shirt. beach chair. sandals. lolly pops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home