Monday, May 07, 2007

filming final glory

This morning, my film "push/pull" got yet another rejection- from Hamburg Int'l Festival...as usual, I felt down, my boyfriend cheered me up, I moved on and thought about entering the film in more festivals.

This afternoon, a tiny little one-day film I made for a website called Filmaka.com won a prize of $3000! I'm so pleased. I'm a bit shocked since the film was so incredibly no budget, but I feel really happy. It also means I get to keep entering their contests and maybe even win more money and prizes. Their grand prize, which I am now eligible for if I make another film, is a feature film contract. Ever since my first coloring contest victory (I won circus tickets), I've adored contests. Actually, even younger than that I would dream of winning the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes. I wanted to give all the money to making art centers in Africa. It's still an idea I'd like to see come to fruition...one day. I hope that this isn't a giant scam and I'm being a sucker...but for the moment I choose to believe they actually liked my simple little film.
In further good news, last week I had a script I wrote Shortlisted (i.e. a finalist but not a winner) for the Audi Reel Talent Award, which means it was in the top 11 out of 180 short film scripts. Had I won, the prize would be a 10,000 pound production budget...as it is I still want to make the film, but probably with a 10 pound budget instead.

Alas, some good news, but still those rejections hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home