Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The quiet hush of rejection

I realize it has been more than a month since I last posted- for shame! I have been busy with my cross-channel move to London, looking for a new job, and enjoying the British (gasp) sunshine. Our little film got rejected from Cannes Critic Week so I probably wont be sashaying down La Croissette in evening wear. But actually it is a huge relief as I haven't got any evening or day wear that would be red-carpet worthy. And I'd need a 35mm print, which I am not currently close to possessing. Meanwhile, I am waiting to hear back from a few other festivals and getting prepared to send out another batch to more fests. As each application takes time, sweat and money, along with the possible emotional pain of rejection, it gets hard to send them out. Yet I am absolutely determined to get this film out and seen in a proper environment, be in Cannes or Hackney.
I promise my devoted blog readers, after two years of reading this, will be the first to find out when the film hits the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home