Tuesday, April 18, 2006

nothing is easy

After four straight days of filming I am totally wiped out. I haven't been sleeping well. My house is covered in film gear and lights and props and junk. There is nothing in my fridge except film stock and some sandwich meat for the crew. Yesterday Nathalie fell while playing with her brother in the streets and (though she did not really hurt herself) decided she couldn't walk right after that (this is before the shooting started)...so in these shots where she is supposed to be running she is sort of half-limping along. Plus I chose this lovely pedestrian passage that is normally semi-calm, but given that it was "easter monday" (a holiday here), everyone and their mother was crammed into this street where we were trying to film. Pretty awful.

Today was better, we shot in the lovely pet cemetary under perfect weather for a relatively short 8-hour day. But some crew got lost on the way there and some people were mad about the lack of fancy lunch and it still was nowhere near easy. But, it is getting a wee bit better. Or maybe I'm just deliriously tired. I have no perspective. I don't even know if what we're shooting is the movie I mean to shoot or just the one I planned out. Tomorrow we have a day to organize and run around and find props and that is very good. Then three more days shooting and then I will just collapse with joy when this is over. I am not meant for this. Well, maybe if I had a real production company that did all the details and drove me around and made me lunch and coffee. And paid me. Okay, I'll do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home