Saturday, April 08, 2006

busy bee

It has been an extremely busy week and I keep meaning to blog. The police are still everywhere- I see truckloads of them driving down Blvd. St. Michel everynight. Looking for action? I don't know. The country seems wrapped up in a hugely confusing mess. Yesterday, muh to my frustration, my school was blocked (again). This meant I couldn't enter the buildings, and therefore couldn't pick up the lights I had reserved for the shoot. There was about a hundred students milling around outside the campus, half of them dissapointed and half of them in festive-its-spring-break mode. Most of them smoking cigarettes and enjoying the spring weather. But the ones I talked to were just fed up- they all seem to support the movement but not the tactics. A small percentage of students and administrators, all of them anti-cpe-movement-supporters, hold a vote, announced at the last minute, held in some non-central location, that determines they are going to block access to the university. And it's done.

Well, I'm told I'll be snuck in to secure my lights next week so I'm not going to worry to much. The shoot starts one week from today. I feel good about it and terrified. We actually had a little shoot on Wednesday already- me, the DP, the girl and her mom. The four of us went incognito for a secret location shoot. I would say it went okay- only a few tears shed over a nightgown incident, no more lice eggs in the haircut, one ice-cream bribes, and lots of running to keep up with Nathalie. Why do 5 year olds have so much energy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Constantine Kulakov said...

Hi!
I find allot of your blogs intresting. They really help me understaning what being a film studnet is like. Please check my blogs out and let me know what you think. I really need feedback from other people.

Thanks

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home