Sunday, April 16, 2006

hello world

it's 1:30 am and I am home, squeezed in between a million cases of lights and camera gear- finally ready to get to bed. very tired. the past four days have been a bit hellish and I think I've gained many gray hairs.
Thursday and Friday preparation did not go as planned. Equipment was not picked up, nothing was smooth, everything basically went wrong and I was freaking out Friday. But we still started shooted on Saturday. We were supposed to stop shooting at 10:30pm, we stopped after 1 am, poor Nathalie, delirious with sleep, I didn't get home till 3 am...plus we were all starving as the assistant "forgot to bring the dinner"...oops. then one crew member's car broke down at 2:30 a.m. on the periphery.... very, very bad first day. today was much better, but still really hard on me. I really hate producing which is a lot of what I'm doing right now- why, oh why oh why. never again will i make a real film without a production company and producer. It's good thing this is my thesis film because I can't keep being the one cooking the lunch, chauffering the materials, and calling the shots. horribly overwhelming and unenjoyable...
I pray this week gets easier. And I sleep.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

La critique est facile à ce que je vois! Si on parlait de ton organisation, de ta gestion à répartir les tâches et de ton timing, on aurait à faire à une amatrice dans ce domaine. Les personnes que t'avait à disposition de toi, n'étaient peut être pas mauvais mais ils étaient sans doute à de mauvaises places.
Prend en compte toutes les critiques qu'on te dit, cela te permettra de progresser dans ce domaine.

F..

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home